ANSI Standards Development Committee
Can You Make a Difference with Your Expertise?
The ANSI Standards Development Committee strives for balance of all interested and affected parties, giving them an opportunity to participate in development of American National Standards for commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning, inspection and maintenance. By adhering to ANSI’s due process of openness, balance, and consensus, members will help to serve and protect the public. Please contact IKECA association headquarters if you would like to be involved, have relevant experience, and fit in the following interest categories: end users, restaurant industry, fire-prevention authorities, insurance, code enforcement authorities, kitchen exhaust system designers, engineers, installers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. Applicants are then presented to the Consensus Body for consideration and balloting. See the current interest categories.
IKECA develops voluntary consensus standards for the cleaning, inspection, and user maintenance of commercial cooking operations for the purpose of protecting life and property from fire. IKECA became an American National Standards Institute accredited standards developer in 2009.
For many years, the commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning industry has relied on NFPA 96®, Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, which is developed and maintained by the Technical Committee on Venting Systems for Cooking Appliances of the National Fire Protection Association. IKECA has long been and is represented on this committee. IKECA/ANSI standards will work in concert with NFPA 96.
- IKECA Standards Development Committee Consensus Body Roster
- Interest Categories
- ANSI Key Steps
- IKECA Antitrust Guidelines
- IKECA’s Brief Manual of Style
- IKECA’s Standard Operating Procedures
- IKECA’s Meetings Guidelines
- You may purchase a physical copy of the standard in our online store or a digital version in the ANSI webstore. If you are an AHJ, contact us directly.
Committee Meeting Information
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 25, 2018. 7:30 AM – 12:00 Noon. Westin San Diego San Diego, CA.
- Minutes of Past Meeting, November 15, 2017
- Minutes of Past Meeting, May 10, 2017
- Minutes of Past Meeting, January 11, 2017
- Minutes of Past Meeting, October 26, 2016
- Minutes of Past Meeting, July 26, 2016
- Minutes of Past Meeting, June 24, 2016