We recognize the importance of protecting the corporate information you provide to IKECA. This statement outlines the information IKECA collects, how it uses the information and how you can control the information you provide.
The Information IKECA Collects
We gather the following types of information to maintain our membership records, certification records, process your transactions and fulfill your requests.
- Contact information you provide (e.g., your personal and/or business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and titles).
- Information you provide via applications, registration forms, profiles, surveys or purchase forms.
How IKECA Uses Collected Information
We use this information to:
· Maintain and digitally publish our membership directory.
· Maintain your certification credentials and generate your certification card.
· Notify you of relevant products and services.
· Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
· Publish attendee registration lists for IKECA-sponsored events including the Annual Meeting and Fall
· Keep you abreast of industry news and information through member enews and The Journal.
IKECA does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses to third parties, except to IKECA preferred partners and Associate Members.
Your Right To Control Information
- Members – On the IKECA Web site, which requires you to use your login and password, you may edit your contact and mailing information directly.
- E-mail opt-out – You may opt not to receive certain e-mail or fax communications from IKECA or third-party vendors through IKECA. Please contact IKECA at 215.320.3876 or firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your choice to opt-out. Please understand that once you have unsubscribed you will no longer receive said e-mail or fax communication from IKECA, which may include important member information, IKECA promotions, newsletters, etc.
We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services are encrypted and will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties. We do not request nor do we use social security numbers in the course of our business with our members or the public.
All membership, certification and merchandise fees are nonrefundable. For events there is a $100.00 cancellation fee; see the registration form for additional details.
Bank Fee Policy
All wire transfer fees and/or bounced check fees are responsible to the payee. Merchandise or exams will not be shipped until all fees are paid.
Products that are normally shipped within 48 hours; you will be notified via e-mail when the product is shipped.
You may contact IKECA at 215.320.3876 during U.S. Eastern Time business hours with questions or requests relating to policies.
Social Media Policy
- IKECA encourages its members and the public to engage in the use of social media in order to advance IKECA’s mission of promoting commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning to a higher standard.
- IKECA prohibits the use of its sponsored social media or any means of electronic communication, to engage in or to further:
- any acts that constitute infringement of patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of third parties;
- the posting, emailing, advertisement, or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorized materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," solicitations, or misleading information;
- the intentional or unintentional publication, republication, or dissemination of any libelous, defamatory, false, derogatory, or inflammatory statement;
- any pornographic or obscene information;
- the use, downloading, or other transmission of computer viruses, computer tracking software, or any means of invading a person’s privacy or engaging in identity theft;
- the impersonation of any person or entity, including, but not limited to, as a IKECA board member, officer, employee, agent, member, or member’s customer, or as a government official;
- the making of any misrepresentation or any factually inaccurate statements about any person’s affiliation with any person or entity;
- any unlawful purpose under applicable federal and state laws.
IKECA does not condone conversations or posts of any kind that violate antitrust laws.
- IKECA reserves the right to object to any use of or, without consultation, terminate access to any electronic communication or transmission that is sent or delivered through any medium, including any form of social media, where it discovers the communication or transmission is unlawful, prohibited under this policy, or inconsistent with IKECA’s mission and goals in any way. IKECA further reserves the right to pursue civil and criminal penalties as appropriate.
IKECA engages in reasonable efforts to monitor social media usage for adherence to this policy but, regardless, is not liable for any communication that is inconsistent with or in violation of this policy, and any person engaging in communication through any form of IKECA-sponsored social or electronic media accepts this limitation on liability as an express condition to use of such media.
The opinions and other statements posted here are not the opinions of or endorsed by IKECA or its board of directors, officers, staff, or members.
- You may contact IKECA@information.org if there is any posting on this site to which you object. IKECA reserves the right to act on such complaints based on the information then available to it.