- Restaurant Owners and Facility Managers
- Insurance and Risk Management Professionals
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Active North American Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Company
- Active International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Company
- IKECA Strategic Partners
- Membership Policies and Procedures
- Canadian Chapter
- Referral Program
- Member Spotlight
- What Our Members Say About IKECA
Active International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Company Membership
How to Apply
- To apply with a payment by credit card: Apply Online
- To apply with a payment by check or wire transfer:Download and Complete the Membership Application
$925 per year + one-time $250 application fee
Dues will be pro-rated for the following dues year for members who join after January.
The current cost of annual dues is made at the direction of the IKECA Board of Directors, and subject to change each year.
Be sure to review the IKECA Policies and Procedures that govern membership
Active International members can benefit from IKECA membership in many ways; click on each feature of membership below to find out they can benefit your company:
Reduced Costs for Certification
Member companies receive greatly reduced rates for both certification exams and certification renewal fees. As more and more jurisdictions require certification, you will be ahead of the curve while keeping costs down. The member rates apply to all employees of the member company and for those in the process of applying for membership.
- Be one of the most qualified companies in this highly competitive bidding environment
- Gain integral understanding of the guidelines, standards and codes that are required to ensure compliance on every job
- Demonstrate your knowledge base and commitment to professional kitchen exhaust cleaning, differentiating your company from the “hood polishers” who do not conduct a complete cleaning
Members receive discounts on ANSI/IKECA Standards and merchandise; as well as having access to complimentary resources designed to help your relationships with local AHJs and prospective clients.
- Get your hands on the ANSI/IKECA C10 and I10 Standards! These IKECA developed, ANSI accredited standards go beyond the NFPA 96 by getting more specific to kitchen exhaust cleaning and providing further guidance on properly cleaning and inspecting systems
- Discounted merchandise: Earn discounts on hood certificates, access panel stickers, grease gauges and more!
Two In-Person Meetings Per Year
IKECA hosts two annual events: the Annual Membership Meeting every Spring and the Fall Technical Seminar & Expo. Member companies receive discounted registration rates for all employees of the company.
- New members will receive a voucher for $450 which can be applied towards registration for an IKECA event within your first year of membership!
- Take advantage of the opportunities to network face to face with leaders from around the world who are in the kitchen exhaust cleaning industry
- Access key industry vendors to learn about how their products and services can support your work in the field and directly impact your bottom line
- Learn from key industry thought leaders in the numerous educational session available
- Earn up to 2.0 CEUs (20 hours of continuing education) which can be used towards your IKECA certification renewal requirements
Employees from member companies have the opportunity to serve on IKECA committees designed to improve the member experience and grow the kitchen exhaust cleaning industry.
- Connect with your fellow members to network, LEARN, and give back to your association and the kitchen exhaust cleaning industry. Committee members often claim the biggest return on their investment in IKECA membership is the ideas they take away from their involvement and implement into their companies.
- Committee members can earn 0.1 CEUs (one hour of continuing education) per committee meeting
Use the IKECA Logo
Members can download and use the IKECA logo on all promotional material for their company.
- By aligning your company with IKECA, you brand your company as a professional kitchen exhaust cleaning company and distinguishes yourself form the “hood polishers”
- The IKECA logo represents a dedication to the IKECA mission to be committed to fire prevention and life safety by advancing the quality of cleaning, inspection and maintenance of commercial exhaust systems worldwide
This member exclusive program is designed to help technician become prepared to earn their certification. Your employees will earn their Professional Exhaust Cleaning Technician (PECT) designation upon successfully completing exam.
- Have your newest technicians become intimately familiar with the current editions of the NFPA 96 Manual, OSHA health/safety regulations, and general industry knowledge they need for the job
- Keep your employees incentivized to stay at your company and grow their experience level while bring them through the levels of certification
- Build confidence in your new employees by ensuring their baseline industry knowledge and test-taking skills for them to be successful on their path to future certification
All members received a quarterly newsletter and IKECA Journal distributed twice per year
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news, committee initiatives and IKECA membership benefits
- Read company spotlights for tips on business operations and planning from other IKECA members around the world
Listing in the Online Member Directory
All members are included in the online membership directory hosted on the IKECA website
- Maximize your exposure and allow prospective clients to find your company through our online membership directory
- Legitimize your company by allowing clients and AHJs to verify that you are an IKECA member who is properly insured and has at least one IKECA certified employee
- Access to an affordable and professional social media marketing program through Laidlaw Group, IKECA’s marketing communications firm of choice
- Gain visibility for your business through custom Social Media pages that are developed with professional content, professionally managed by Laidlaw Group
- Engage with local and national jurisdictions to build your brand and get more business
Each member company has a vote for the IKECA Board of Directors and issues that may be presented to general membership during IKECA meetings.
Find out more about membership voting privileges in the IKECA Bylaws