IKECA develops voluntary consensus standards for the cleaning, inspection, and user maintenance of commercial cooking operations for the purpose of protecting life and property from fire. IKECA became an American National Standards Institute accredited standards developer in 2009.
For many years, the commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning industry has relied on NFPA 96®, Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, which is developed and maintained by the Technical Committee on Venting Systems for Cooking Appliances of the National Fire Protection Association. IKECA has long been and is represented on this committee. IKECA/ANSI standards will work in concert with NFPA 96.
- IKECA Standards Development Committee Consensus Body Roster
- ANS Key Steps
- IKECA Antitrust Guidelines
- IKECA’s Brief Manual of Style
- IKECA’s Standard Operating Procedures
- IKECA’s Meetings Guidelines
- About IKECA C10: Standard for Cleaning of Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Systems - 2011 Edition.
Committee Meeting Information